Who is at Risk?
Since aging is a fact of life, everyone is at risk for developing cataracts. By the time you reach 60,
you will probably have some degree of clouding, although your vision may not be impaired.
Some other factors that may accelerate the development of cataracts include:
- Family history of cataracts at a young age
- Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol
- Excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays
- Certain medications
- Exposure to radiation, such as cancer therapy
- Previous eye injury or surgery